Thursday, February 9, 2012

Geometric Shapes

Our class has been busy learning about flat and geometric shapes.  Did you know there are shapes all around us?  We have practiced finding shapes in pictures and in objects all over our classroom.  We traced shapes that we found in magazines and then we went on a scavenger hunt.  We even found shapes in the white house!  Next, we compared flat and geometric shapes and we even got to trace and count the edges, faces, and vertices with play-doh!  When we explored the shapes even further, we discovered which ones can stack, slide, and roll.  We are also learning how to use words to describe our shapes like faces, edges, vertices, round and straight.  Watch our videos to learn more.








2 comments:

  1. I know Brenna has been quizzing me on shapes. Just driving in the car she will tell me about rectangular prism buildings and cube walking signs. I need to do a little refreshing on these definitions so we can do some more "I Spy." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that she's recognizing her shapes even outside of the classroom! The 'I Spy Game' is a great idea too! I'll have to try that with the students :)

    ReplyDelete